First things first. Here are more images of what the Xbox One and the controller look like (click images to enlarge).
Officially announced specifications:
- 8core CPU
- 8 GB Memory
- 500 GB Harddrive
- 64bit architecture
- USB 3.0
- Blu-Ray drive
- It partially runs on a custom operating system and partially runs on an adapted version of Windows.
- It can easily run apps while running a game.
- It can switch between functions through voice commands. You can also switch it on by saying “Xbox On”.
- Skype is intergrated. You can have conversations while playing other content.
- Kinect comes with the Xbox One, there is no need for a seperate purchase.
- You can watch TV and browse a TV guide through your Xbox One.
- It is not backwards compatible. You can not play Xbox 360 games on the Xbox One.
- You can transfer your Gamertag, Gamerscore and Achievements from your Xbox 360 to your Xbox One.
- It does not always have to be online, but it needs to make a connection every hour.
- Kinect is required.
- A second hand game will cost the full retail price to activate.
- It is possible to download and install Xbox One games in segments, you don’t need to download and install everything at once.
- Xbox Live Gold subscriptions can be transfered from Xbox 360 to the Xbox One.
- The Xbox One will be released worldwide “later this year”.
- Forza Motorsport 5
Other upcoming games:
- Fifa 14
- NBA Live 14
- Madden NFL 25
- EA Sports UFC
- Call of Duty: Ghosts (with exclusive DLC)
- Watch Dogs
- Assassin’s Creed 4: Black Flag